I am feeling really blah. It started last night, or possibly the night before. Not sure.
I am still at my father in laws, which may have something to do with it. I really shouldn’t complain, yet I will, so here goes.
Things that are making me go blah:
- Being away from home. I know I am in the Hamptons, on the water, with seagulls and sun and waves. But, I am not in my own home, or my own BED, or my own routine.
- I am facing moving in here for the rest of the summer, after a quick pop home to replenish the supplies of all of the “things” I need in my life. (Too bad my BED won’t fit in the car.)
- The BED here is almost as old as the house, which was built in 1955. I am a runner, I run every day. I feel like absolute shit. I feel like the BED takes a bat out and beats the shit out of me while I sleep. Today is the worst day yet. I don’t think I can get out of my pajamas I am so crinked from the g.d. BED.
- I had my first drinking dream right before I woke up this morning. The god damn Wolffer rose was in my glass. 200+ days, and this has not happened to me. That rose is haunting me. 😦 I swear it is because of the BED.
- I am working the fourth step and it is releasing A LOT of repressed memories, nothing good that is for sure. Of course they come just as I am about to drop off to sleep. (Yes, I do fall asleep before the BED beats me up.)
We are leaving on Sunday, but we are returning in 3 weeks. I am doing voracious research on new beds. There is no way I can feel this way for the rest of the summer.
On the gratitude’s side.
- The AA meetings here are far better than where I live. They are large, and the people are so nice. I have had offers of sponsors already. NO ONE in Tennessee ever did that…
- The sunsets from the deck are just amazing, as are the evening stars. It is a great show every night.
- I am buying a new BED before I return.